Because of the Coronavirus and the WA State "Stay Home, Stay Healthy," Shut-Down Order, Horse Camp has been delayed until the July 13th session when we will practice certain accommodations. We look forward to seeing you at Horse Camp this summer, so save those carrots for your horsy friends! Sign up now!
SUMMER HORSE DAY CAMP at Camp Horse Country in Granite Falls starts Monday, July 13th, 2020.
FALL HORSE CAMPS start in September.
We will be making the following accommodations because of the CoronaVirus outbreak:
1.To adhere to the State of Washington Phase 2 guidelines of groups of 12 riders or under, our day camps will only have 10 riders and 2 instructors in each session.
2. Our horsy friends can enjoy the outdoors in a healthy activity with horses. We’ve been practicing “social distance” for many years in the form of equine safety space., i.e. keeping camp horses a minimum of 10 feet apart.
3. During breaks away from the horses, campers will remain a minimum of 6 feet apart.
4. We maintain our restrooms with soap, water, and paper towels for hand-washing.
5. Campers should bring individual bottles of hand-sanitizer, hand-wipes, and gloves to wear while grooming and hoof picking.
6. Camp hours are 9am – 4pm for Wild West Campers and 8am – 5:30pm for Camp Peer Counselors (C.I.T.s)
7. To adhere to the above guidelines, our Friday Camp Horse-Show will be for campers only and we will video individual performances on each camper’s personal device and live-stream it on our Facebook page.
8. And of course, campers should only come to horse camp when they’re healthy to keep other children and the teachers safe. Please wash your child's camp t-shirt and bandanna (provided by Camp Horse Country) each night so they'll be fresh and sanitary for camp the next day.