Because of the Coronavirus and the WA State "Stay Home, Stay Healthy," Shut-Down order, we were unable to have Spring Camp this year, so we are looking forward to offering Fall Riding Camps for the first time in September. Save those carrots for your horsy friends!
Sign up now for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days or all 4 days around your school schedule and distance learning at school!
4 DAYS = 1 CAMP SESSION.
FALL HORSE DAY CAMP at Camp Horse Country in Granite Falls starts Tuesday, September 8th, 2020
We will be making the following accommodations because of the CoronaVirus outbreak:
1.To adhere to the State of Washington Phase 2 guidelines of groups of 12 riders or under, our day camps will only have 10 riders and 2 instructors in each session.
2. Our horsy friends can enjoy the outdoors in a healthy activity with horses. We’ve been practicing “social distance” for many years in the form of equine safety space., i.e. keeping camp horses a minimum of 10 feet apart.
3. During breaks away from the horses, campers will remain a minimum of 6 feet apart.
4. We maintain our restrooms with soap, water, and paper towels for hand-washing.
5. Campers should bring individual bottles of hand-sanitizer, hand-wipes, and gloves to wear while grooming and hoof picking.
6. Camp hours are 9am – 4pm for Wild West Campers and 8am – 5:30pm for Camp Peer Counselors (C.I.T.s)
7. To adhere to the above guidelines, our Friday Camp Horse-Show will be for campers only and we will video individual performances on each camper’s personal device and live-stream it on our Facebook page.
8. And of course, campers should only come to horse camp when they’re healthy to keep other children and the teachers safe. Please wash your child's camp t-shirt and bandanna (provided by Camp Horse Country) each night so they'll be fresh and sanitary for camp the next day.
Counselor-In-training leadership camp
Are you 12 -16 years old? Be a Tween/Teen Camp Counselor.
Been to Camp Horse Country before? Be a Peer Counselor.
We RIDE a lot!!! And Teach! And Train!
CHOOSE YOUR CAMP HORSES & RIDE ALL DAY!
Trail Rides * Arena Riding * Corral Riding * Horse Show * Stall Cleanin’ , *Tack Cleanin’ * Horse Cleanin’ * Leadership Training * Fun * Lessons, * Super-Educational * Huge Discount for all the Summer Camps You Do! * Cowboy Dressage * Challenging * Fun *Barrel Racing * Wow!
Tuesday– Friday, 8AM-5:30PM!
Only 4 counselors per week, so sign up early.
Fall Camp Counseling Weeks with horse & lots of riding ~
$225 Per Week ~ for CIT graduates*, 4 per week.
Depending on their school schedule and distance learning, C.I.T.s may attend 1, 2, or 3 days each week.
4 Days = 1 Camp Session.
Under 12? Yes, you can be a Junior Camp Counselor if you have your instructor's permission. C.I.T. graduates are those counselors who attended and successfully completed Leadership Training in July 2020.
Wild West Ridin' Camp
New Riders ~ 8 to 14 years old
Up to 3 Hours in the Saddle Each Day!
ALL DAY with A HORSE OF YOUR OWN! What could be better?
Bring lots of long, skinny carrots for your new horsy friend.
Ride for hours, Saddle, and Groom, Western.
Trail Rides, Riding Lessons, Games on Horseback
Horse Care ~ Stall cleaning, feeding & watering
A REAL Horse Show on the last day with ribbons and trophies.
Tuesdays - Fridays 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Total Cost for a 4-day session: $445.00
Depending on their school schedule and distance learning, campers may attend 1, 2, or 3 days each week.
4 Days = 1 Camp Session.
Why Choose camp horse country? Because we ride more!
Our camp days are filled with horsy activities ~ it's a "ridin' good time!"
8:00 Counselors- in-Training (C.I.T.s) arrive and help with Horsy Morning Chores.
9:00 Wild West Campers arrive and are signed in by parents. Campers put away lunches, get their equestrian helmets and "Good Morning" carrots and come to Friendship Circle. After Friendship Circle, Barn Buddy Time and Virtual Riding, Campers greet their horses. Then, they set up their Grooming Stations.
9:45 Groom and Saddle Time
10:30 Snack and Water Break in the Party Barn
10:45 Morning Riding Lesson
12:15 Lunch Time in the Party Barn
1:00 Virtual Riding, After Lunch - "Bridle-Up" carrots - Time for a Riding Lesson, Trail Ride or Games on Horseback.
3:30 Snack and Water Break in the Party Barn
3:45 Goodbye Carrots for all Wild West Camp horses. "Bridle-Up" carrots for C.I.T. horses. Wild West campers signed out by parents. C.I.T.s (Cowgirl/Cowboys in Training) go to Riding Lesson, Trail Ride, Games in one of the arenas.
4:45 C.I.T.s unsaddle and help with Horsy Night Chores.
5:30 C.I.T.s are signed out by parents.
IT WAS A GREAT HORSY DAY - REMEMBER TO WASH YOUR CAMP SHIRT & CAMP BANDANNA PROVIDED BY CAMP HORSE COUNTRY - SEE YOU TOMORROW!